e4200-e4300 team mailing list archive

Re: Fan noise and external monitor problems

2010/3/16 "José Á. Fernández" <jose.angel.fernandez.freire@xxxxxxxxx>

>  +1.
>
> I'm a E4200 user, with 9.10-32bit, docking, external DVD,  and 100%
> functionalities working flawlessly.
>
> Definitely happy.
>
> Please, test 32-bit version, and if you have any of those problems, go for
> other unit.
>
> Regards
> ^_Pepe_^

Thank you all for your opinions and comments,

meanwhile  I was able to solve problem n° 1: disabling the internal LCD
panel solved the flickering issue, I still suspect I hit a kernel bug with
intel driver and 4GB RAM [1] , but it's now working fine. Of course the
problem remains if I simultaneously enable both monitors.

This morning my unit seems significantly more silent, same powersave
settings (performance) but fan is not yet started (strange enough since CPU
temperature is the same as yesterday, about 60 °C).

Will keep you informed.

[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1285176
--
Alessandro Pasotti