ecryptfs-users team mailing list archive

Re: https://answers.launchpad.net/ecryptfs maintained?

Markus Doits wrote:
> On 25.02.2009 17:45, Tyler Hicks wrote:
>> ecryptfs-users is empty.  Most people with questions tend to drop by
>> irc://irc.oftc.net/#ecryptfs to get help.  Maybe we should start copying
>> some of the better Q&A's from the IRC channel to the Launchpad Answers
>> page so that we have a recorded history.
>
> does this mean i have to go there to find an answer to my question about
> disabling the prompt for filename-encryption? or might the answer slip
> through this mailing-list, too, or even be posted in the qustion on the
> answers-page? :)

I answered your LP question and will answer you through ecryptfs-users
for completeness.

If you don't want to use filename encryption and don't wish for the
mount helper to ask you each time you mount, pass
"-o ecryptfs_enable_filename_crypto=n" to mount.

Since you're asking about not wishing to be prompted by the mount helper
for filename encryption, it leads me to believe that you're performing
this mount quite often.  If this is the case, consider adding the
appropriate line to /etc/fstab and use 'mount -i /mount/point/path' to
skip the interactive mount helper.

Tyler