ecryptfs-users team mailing list archive

Ecryptfs : ecryptfs-stat enhancement and questions on multi-user usage

Hi,
First, I would like to thank you all for the work on ecryptfs, I
really like the design of this encipherment solution.

I discovered this solution a few months ago so I am still a newbie,
but I have made en few tricks to display more information using
ecryptfs-stat, especially to display authentication tokens associated
with the files. It's mainly copy/paste from the ecryptfs kernel
module. Here is the patch against "ecryptfs-utils-74".

My goal is to use ecryptfs in a multi-user environment (network
shares), and I am a little bit lost when looking at ecryptfs
possibilities :
-> Can we have more human readable information, other than the
signature, about an authentication token used to encrypt a file ? Like
a distinguished name for asymetric key or a login for a passphrase ?
The goal is to know who has encrypted the file.
-> Can we add, on an already created file, a new authentication token
(when you own an already active authentication token on the file, of
course...) ?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Br,
François VALLEY