ecryptfs-users team mailing list archive

Have my home encrypted, and within it, one non-encrypted for i.e. large files?

Hi,

I originally sent this to ecryptfs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, as
suggested here[1]. However, this list does not seem to exist anymore
(although I could register there...).

Christian

[1]: http://ecryptfs.sourceforge.net/ecryptfs-faq.html#nothere

Hi,

I am thinking about encrypting my home dir, but occacsionally, I move
large files around (i.e. movies), and I am worrying about performance.
Is it possible to have something like a reverse ~/Private
configuration, i.e. my home is generally encrypted, but I can designate
one directory that automatically stores non-encrypted data? Something
like ~/Insecure?

Another example would be game files, because I imagine having them
decrypted on-the-fly while playing could significantly slow it down.

If that is not possible, could it be implemented?

Many thanks,
Christian

Follow ups