ecryptfs-users team mailing list archive

Re: Have my home encrypted, and within it, one non-encrypted for i.e. large files?

Your case may be different, but on any reasonably modern computer, I believe
that you will be limited by I/O for large files, not CPU to do encryption.
 I certainly haven't noticed any performance difference on large files (no
benchmarks to back that up, just personal experience.)

David