Re: Dynamic Notebook

Hi,

2011/12/11 David Gomes <davidrafagomes@xxxxxxxxx>

> Daniel, first of all, the mockups look nice, and I love the icon-only tabs.
>
> This afternoon, we discussed having an animation for tabs like in
> Chromium/Firefox/Sublime Text Editor 2. We concluded that it was only
> possible using Cairo, and if we want animations, we'll have to rebuild
> the wheel.
>
> Using cairo is not really re-inventing the wheel, it is a rather
high-level api, and we'll have to use some gk functions to draw gradient,
so, it must be doable :) Indeed, animations are needed.

However, after some thoughts, we'll have to make the tab bar using a custom
GtkContainer, because we can't draw all in cairo (we need to be able to put
any widget in the tablabel), and it will be more integrated.

I will probably make a prototype of a tab bar, in Vala, in the following
days. I encourage everyone to do the same so we can compare usuability,
code complexity, etc...

Lucas