elementary-dev-community team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Blueprint developer-guide] elementary developer guide
Blueprint changed by Sergey Davidoff:
Work-in-progress version available at http://tiny.cc/dev-guide-draft
- Pages that still need work:
- http://elementaryos.org/docs/developer-guide/hello-world/nightly-builds - do we need it at all?
- http://elementaryos.org/docs/first-steps - it would be better to store the modules somewhere else than in UbuntuOne, people get 503 with it far too often; and I don't like the idea of storing modules like that, they never get updates this way.
- Also, I think we need to restructure the page, maybe split basic features and advanced setup... I'm not sure if we should scare people away with translation support woes right away. And info about submitting code seems scattered right now.
- I suggest renaming the current "Collaborative development" section up
- and renaming it to "Contributing to projects", and the "Hello world"
- section into "Creating a new project". --shnatsel
elementary developer guide