Re: Vala guide for noobs?

Hi :)

Vala is still a quite new language and tutorials are more directed to people who already know programming and just want to learn a new language. That's why there aren't tutorials for noobs.

I think it all depends on what you already know... I don't know how Java is, but Python doesn't require you to do the declaration part, which instead is up to you in Vala. Thus, I'd suggest to read an introduction to a language with explicit declarations (like C, C++) and when you got how it works you can try reading the Vala tutorial. As David already said, it's very well written and if you don't understand single parts of it, you can always ask on irc :)

Regards,
Andrea Basso