Re: About Dialog

Hi,

I agree, it's something we need to solve, it's pointless and quite ugly to have the appmenu only for the About item.

On the other hand I'm not sure the quicklist is the most suited place. I don't know, the quicklist is to save time, to launch the app in a different way, not really to interact with it. Midori does have a "New Tab" item in quicklist, but I for one have never used it, and I think almost everyone else has never did. Once an app is started and running, you're not supposed and you don't think it's possible to interact with it via the quicklist.

I don't really know how to integrate it into eOS, but I feel the best way to proceed is to have an external menu, something a la Gnome Shell. It would be a place where the user can always find the about dialog, it solves problem with apps that don't need a toolbar and increases compatibility a lot (with Gnome apps and since it's external we could even have normal gtk apps use it, like Ubuntu does with the global menu).

Regards,
Andrea Basso