Re: Re : GPL Comment

Christian said:

> For what it's worth, the name is meaningless to actual copyright
> disputes. I tend to like if I can see at a glance who's the person to
> talk to for a certain file.

If that is true, then i'd vote for just elementary, if this is not true
then of course we'd have to add the name of the developer who created the
file (and the name of developers who made huge changes). Are the names in
the copyright actually used by people to find out who made the file? Most
of the time it's just the name of the maintainer of a specific project, and
when someone is working on a project they will probably know who that
maintainer actually is. Now for something like granite, where a lot of
files are written by a lot of different people, there it would come in
handy, but i don't know how much of a necessity it would be in the other
projects. At least i cant think of projects that we have other than granite
where multiple devs do really big changes to files.

I could be wrong though :)

--
Jaap