Bikeshedding about parentheses (Was: Re: Coding Style parentheses exception)

This discussion is veering off into Bikeshedding.

I will now rescue it:

    - A commit hook which formats source code on commit, is the ONLY way to
have a followed formatting policy.

Any other approach will result in nothing but bikeshedding, or worse, flame
wars.

best regards,
Jakob