From: Daniel Foré <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 13:49:58
To: Tahseen Jamal<tahseen.jamal@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: elementary-dev-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<elementary-dev-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Elementary-dev-community] Window Maximize Concept

Hey Tahseen,

Thanks for your email :)

I think the general consensus is that we don't entirely agree with this decision on Mac OS.

When we design our apps, we try to do so in a way that the minimum possible window size is still able to show all the needed information and that the default window size feels comfortable and doesn't have any hidden elements (like those behind a scrolled view). So this kind of maximization should be largely unnecessary.

I think the times when you really want to maximize an app are with things that have a list or scrolled area by nature as is the case with a web browser or music player, and with these I think they are most comfortable when viewed as full screen as possible.

Best Regards,
Daniel Foré