elementary-dev-community team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
New plank concept
At the first, I wanted offer a vision of the dock.
Here are some points:
* I think it would be nice to dock in a thin line at the bottom of
the screen with colorful application indicators. The colors are taken
from the application icons, as in the unity panel.
Of course, we must do in the settings to disable this "compact" mode.
Then fill the background panel and application indicators will be padded
to an icon.
* Active applications is marked by an arrow pointing down. Arrow
color is taken from the color of the application (the lower part)
* Indicator color of urgent window brightens and lights. Similar can
be seen in the unity panel.
* When you move the pointer down the screen, with some force
(depending on configuration), then swim application icons, with animation.
screenshot, whitout animation :):
* Color of the panel is the same, what is the background color, which
displays the desktop.
At the second, I wanted to say - can be implemented dock as part of the
gala or wing-panel?
I'm not a designer, so it could look ugly.
Here's the source code works:
I hope my sami-automatic English is not horrible.
Description: PNG image