Re: elementaryos rapid prototyping

I can list a bunch of problems with this XD

First, Wingpanel does not feel like it's a part of a maximized window, and
yet it should because otherwise it's not clear which window will be closed
by that close button. For reference, Unity already suffers from this.

I don't like that empty space in the top right corner, but I like the
Maemo-ish idea of putting the shutdown indicator under the close button of
a maximized window that I just came up with :) It will require reversing
the window button order but that might be for good either way.

Another problem with this is that you cannot throw your mouse to a corner
of the screen and click there to open the apps menu, but I know a better
solution<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-puB3Stk1_t0/T3KGsJizW6I/AAAAAAAAA0A/goPzbEc3CWY/s1600/true-app-center.png>
.

I have no idea what that "Awen..." label does up there, but that's where
the window title should go. Maybe clicking it should reveal the AppMenu
instead of requiring a toolbar for every app to show one; that will be a
fairly trivial WM patch under X and a piece of client-side cake in Wayland.

But I'm not a designer after all, so all of the above carries a huge IMHO
badge.

OS architect @ elementary