Re: We are drowning in bugs. Web Team, halp!!1

Den 17/11/2012 00.53 skrev "Cody Garver" <cody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> One of the new issues we have experienced since the start of the beta is,
in addition to a large number of legitimate bug reports, we are getting a
large number of duplicate bug reports.

> A possible solution to alleviate the flood is to slap up a Testers
section on the website. I think it makes sense since we already target a
specific audience, Developers, so why not target the larger mass as well?

> We need to make it easy and obvious for users to search for their issues
before they report them, and then direct users to start in the
Testers/Testing section before filing bugs.

I have close to a decades worth of bug triaging experience having done such
work for Fedora, GNOME and most recently Banshee. I'd be happy to dedicate
some time to getting the duplicates under control.

In my experience this kind of bug count bump is typical post release and
will settle down rather quickly. It should be manageable with just a
temporarily increased number of hands on deck.