Taking SVG screenshots is real

Hey guys,

Rejoice! The dream of taking vector screenshots is real! Just sudo apt-get
install apt-get install gtk-vector-screenshot and log out/in!

So, if you want to make a pixel-perfect mockup of a modification of some
app, you no longer have dig through earlier mockups, to look for an
[incomplete] mockup kit and hack things together - just take a
fully-inkscapeable screenshot and hack away!

The catch(es):
 * Works on GTK3 only, in particular only on Cairo-rendered parts (e.g.
doesn't work for Audience)
 * The icons are raster, but that should not be a problem
 * The DPI is a bit off, but you can return things to original size by
downscaling the result by the factor of 0.8 (at least on my machine)

Here are some example screenshots I took:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5279564/gtk-vector-screenshot/granite-demo.svg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5279564/gtk-vector-screenshot/pantheon-files.svg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5279564/gtk-vector-screenshot/scratch.svg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5279564/gtk-vector-screenshot/about.svg

As Cassidy reminded recently, not every mockup should be pixel-perfect (see
http://elementaryos.org/journal/design-process) but if you need one, making
it just got a lot easier!

OS architect @ elementary

Follow ups