Re: Ellipsising in AppMenu

Hrm, I thought all of our apps did that for Preferences and About.

One thing I've read somewhere (perhaps another platform's HIG?) was more
explicit in that if there's not really an action to be performed in the
dialog, to not display the ellipsis. In fact, our own HIG are slightly more
nuanced than mentioned above; they say to use an ellipsis if an *action is
performed *in a new window or dialog. With the about dialog, there's
arguably no action being performed. What about with Preferences?

I'm up for clarifying these cases in the HIG. Fellow designers, let me know
what you think.

Regards,
Cassidy James

--