Re: Vala/Go

I'm afraid you're confusing languages with build systems. Go seems to have
a custom build system. Python also does. Vala does not have a
language-specific build system (which is not good or bad per se). Bake (
https://launchpad.net/bake) is a simple build system catering to
GObject/Vala, you should probably check it out. I've also commented on the
post with more details.

By the way, I'm starting to doubt that the build systems as we know them
are still relevant. Most of the complexity of build systems comes from
customization and adaptation to the environment - e.g. detecting
installation paths for different types of content, handling conditional
compilation, etc. In the modern world of package managers it's not the
developer who knows what should go where on any particular distro, it's the
package maintainer for that distro. Perhaps we should move the complexity
away from the build system into per-distro config files for the build
system that done once and for all packages.