Re: Elementary launchpad?

Launchpad is an open source website developed and maintained by Canonical.
Because it is open source, anybody can contribute - even you! If you have
issues with Launchpad, feel free to report bugs[1] or contribute to the
code itself[2].

GitHub would be harder for us because Launchpad gives us Ubuntu PPAs
integration and a build server that helps us ship our software much more
easily than with GitHub.

Regarding your question about packages for 64bits - Debian packaging will
only build 64bits packages if your application doesn't have any
64bits-specific code. Instead, what it does is make a 32bits package that
works on both architectures.[3]

[1]: bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad
[2]: code.launchpad.net/launchpad
[3]: Quoting 'codygarver' from #elementary-dev