Re: Wanting to contribute with parallelising solutions

Hi,

Here are more ideas:

- Do not mix threads with async methods, sometimes GUI is fluid with async
and threads are not necessary. Maybe both concepts are interesting for your
research.

- Pantheon-files has parallelizing problems with thumbnails and top
navigation bar animations (I am not sure if this is a clutter problem), but
it can be improved.

- (As far as I know) Granite library lacks functions to easily create
threads or async methods, for example to load images/textures for clutter
without blocking animations.

- I don't know how advanced is the work of "search" and "indexing" tools
for Isis, but both will need a lot of parallelization optimizations to
maintain Luna's performance.

Albert