Moving the About dialog of apps to a menu entry in dock launchers

Hi there people,

For some time, the design team has had the resolution that the About dialog
of apps should be exposed through the dock launcher menu, instead of
through the Appmenu.

Now how are we technically going about this?

Mi idea is to implement it through Unity dynamic quicklists. We can have
some sort of quicklist handler in Granite.Application that adds the "About"
menu entry to the end of the launcher quicklist. The menu entry triggers
the show_about method of Granite.Application, and that's pretty much it.

You can see an example about a quicklist handler here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~elementary-apps/pantheon-files/trunk/view/head:/src/QuicklistHandler.vala

So any thoughts about this?

Follow ups