Re: Python API for panel applets?

Hello again,

I found out how to make a simple applet using the PyGi AppIndicator3
library.

Now it seems AppIndicator does not allow arbitrary widgets in menus (most
threads will lead me back to this:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/16431/putting-an-arbitrary-gtk-widget-into-an-appindicator-indicator
)

Yet the current indicator menus on Pantheon do contain slide bars and
search boxes etc (such as Slingshot, Sound Indicator and the Synapse
Indicator too).

How did you get Slingshot to contain arbitrary widgets?

Thanks.

Benjamin