Re: Popovers in GTK

Hi everyone,

Firstly, I'd like to add that GTK+ 3.12 is going to be released on March
26th[1].
Ubuntu 14.04 will be released on April 17th.

Secondly, in my opinion, I think we should definitely try and make use of
GTK+ 3.12.
Popovers are, as Daniel said, one of the reasons as to why, but the most
important ones
are concerning the GtkHeaderBar improvements with regard to the maximize
button and
other affairs. As so, if we can get GTK+ 3.12 with a PPA on Isis, I think
we should
really go for it. Voldyman also told me that GNOME is working on a
DynamicNotebook
for GTK+ 3.12, and I think that deprecating the correspondent Granite
widgets is the
best thing to do too (starting with Granite.Widgets.AppMenu and
Granite.Widgets.PopOver)
for Isis.

Cheers,
David