Re: Prospective Programmer

Hey David,

That's awesome! We'd love for you to use elementary as an opportunity both
for personal enrichment and to help us out. I'd first recommend you check
out our documentation: http://elementaryos.org/docs/code. There you'll
learn how to set up a Launchpad account and get started. You are also
encouraged to join our elementary Developer Community mailing list:
https://launchpad.net/~elementary-dev-community. Once you join, you can
email the list and ask for help or feedback, which is a great way to learn.

Another helpful resource could be this Vala tutorial:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Vala/Tutorial. Though keep in mind it does
expect at least some knowledge of programming. If you want to learn more
basic programming skills, you can check out resources like Codecademy:
http://www.codecademy.com/. It won't be elementary-specific, but it might
get you started.

Regarding an interview, I'd be more than happy to participate! Let me know
if there's anything else I can do to help.

Regards,
Cassidy James

--
Sent from *elementary OS* <http://elementaryos.org/>.