elementary-dev-community team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: Google Summer of Code Ideas
This thread is starting to look and sound like just a massive distraction. We already have quite a lot of very important things to do. I think one of the most important of which is get AppCenter to a shippable state.
New things are cool and fun and exciting, but if we really have the extra time and resources I think we should be focusing on making sure what we already have is the best it can be.
* There is still no search in Files
* We just picked up Photos which needs a lot of work to bring its UI into alignment with our other apps
* judging by the popularity of indicator synapse, we should probably investigate using libsynapse to improve the results in Slingshot
* We need to fix deprecation warnings involving granite and gtk
* Pantheon Online Accounts needs to be integrated into our default apps
* Indicators are holding us back from Pantheon running on other platforms and frankly their designs aren't the best they could be.
* Audience could use its UI re-written in GTK (instead of raw Cairo) now that we have things like overlay and revealer and can use custom CSS
I mean there are literally a couple thousand bug reports open right now.
On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 9:21 AM, Pepijn de Vos <pepijndevos@xxxxxxxxx>
> This tread is just the best way of finding software I need :)
> Would be cool if they where more easily discoverable though.
> This was a good start:
> Elementary's new motto: There's a PPA for that!
> But... what's wrong with just using Dropbox or UbuntuOne?
> I am aware that Preview does SOME things, but I never looked closely.
> So much Mac stealing going on here :D
> OS X is good, but not everything that's good is OS X.
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Nikos Vasilakis <nikos.ailo@xxxxxxxxx>
>> Also, we have something similar, I believe:
>> On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Tristan Petersen <tristang4@xxxxxx>
>>> Are you familiar with the annotations feature of Mac OS X Preview
>>> app? It does essentially what you describe. I use it all the time to
>>> quickly annotate screenshots or pdfs.
>>>> On Feb 14, 2014, at 3:41, Pepijn de Vos <pepijndevos@xxxxxxxxx>
>>>> Another random idea, that is not a ripoff of OS X is... MS Paint!
>>>> Something to annotate screenshots or draw a quick schematic.
>>>> For real photo editing there is gimp, but something light to
>>>> quickly draw and annotate is missing even from OS X.
>>> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~elementary-dev-community
>>> Post to : elementary-dev-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~elementary-dev-community
>>> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~elementary-dev-community
>> Post to : elementary-dev-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~elementary-dev-community
>> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp