Re: Google Summer of Code Ideas

It would be a huge help to have bugs labeled as easy and/or having a mentor
> available. See Mozilla for an example:
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Introduction

Actually, we at least used to have something similar - the easy bugs and
the ones good for starters were labeled "bitesize". It seems we still have
42 such bugs open, see
https://bugs.launchpad.net/elementary/+bugs?field.tag=bitesize

If this is not documented in the "get involved" page, that should be fixed
as well. Also IMHO we should link to "get involved" from the developer
guide and note that working on existing apps is preferable over making yet
more of them.