Re: Porting to Debian as GSoC project

On 02/26/2014 10:30 AM, Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff wrote:
> <mailto:pim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>:
>
>     This would also be interesting for other ports of elementary as this
>     would loosen the dependencies on ubuntu components or at least make
>     these dependencies more explicit.
>
> I guess you already know everything there is to know about
> Ubuntu-specific dependencies, so why don't we team up and document that
> regardless of GSoC? We've already tried doing that but apparently that
> was too early.

Well, I don't know all the details, since in the end I just started
adding all ubuntu patches for certain packages to the Gentoo ebuilds...

But that would indeed be an interesting exercise. Also since the newer
indicators need some patching due to a stronger integration with upstart
and the ubuntu phone platform.

I'm currently busy finishing my PhD thesis, but next month I should have
time for this.

Pim