Porting to Debian as GSoC project

Hey guys/girls,

there is a chance that Debian is doing the porting-work of the
apps/shell as a GSoC project:
https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2014/ProjectProposals/PackageElementarySoftware

I talked to the nice folks in #debian-soc and it seems that the we
need to fix (at least) two problems to make this idea a possible
candidate for their SoC:

* The idea needs an mentor, which should be a Debian-Developer. So if
you are a DD or you know someone who is a DD and wants to help us,
then feel free to reply :)

* The ported packages also need debian-maintainers. I think some
volunteers from our maintainers and some people from the community can
do that.

Feel free to share your opinion on the topic.

Also a big thanks to Cameron Norman that added the idea to the wiki
and already packaged the icon-theme!

- Raphael

Follow ups