Re: Fwd: Google+

Hangouts on the top-right for chatting with people in real-time. It's
IIRC not using Jabber or any open protocol, so you have to stick with
the official google-apps or that webinterface.

G+ is otherwise just using Circles (=Collection of People) for
everything. A community is a Circle where everyone can join when he
wants and there are private cicles for you where you can put people
into. If you send any message you can specify which circles are able
to read that message (as in "Family, WeirdoPeople, Xyz") and everyone
that is in one of those Circles sees it.

There is a elementary-community that is a good start.

- Raphael