elementary-i18n team mailing list archive

Fwd: elementary OS: Internationalization Feedback

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cheng-Chia Tseng <pswo10680@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2016-06-24 13:13 GMT-03:00
Subject: Re: elementary OS: Internationalization Feedback
To: Leonardo Lemos <leonardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Leonardo Lemos <leonardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 於 2016年6月23日 週四 下午8:50寫道:

> Hi,
>
> My name is Leonardo, I am member of elementary Developers Team. I'm
> contact you to listen your thoughts about Internationalization. If you
> don't mind, I'd like to ask you a few questions:
>
> * How does your keyboard layout works in your language?

My language is Chinese (Taiwan) [zh-TW]  or Chinese (Traditional).
We don't type our scripts from keyboards directly, we use input methods
instead.
Actually, keyboard layout is not a big deal in your languge.
The default keyboard layout here is "en (US)" keyboard layout.

> * How do you use/type by using your language's keyboard layout?

Using input methods on "en (US)" layout keyboard.

> * Do you have problems with your keyboard layout in elementary OS?

The keyboard settings in switchboard keeps crashing and I cannot see
anything which I can do via the panel.

> * Does your language's keyboard layout have specific options for
> configuration?

No. Just use "en (US)" keyboard directly for zh-TW locale.

> * How can we improve your experience with your language's keyboard
> layout?

Just makes the keyboard works as expected! :)

--
Leonardo Lemos
---