elementaryart team mailing list archive

[Blueprint abiword-alternative] Drop AbiWord and use something else

Blueprint changed by Sergey Davidoff:

Whiteboard changed:
  Discussion migrated to full specification
  Here's a live demo and screenshot for an HTML/CSS based word processor:
  http://www.linuxfuture.org/2011/08/gwrite-as-a-richstyle-front-end/

  I'm pushing for the note taking app that's been mocked up by hcabaguio;
  it fits the elementary HIG, plus its simplicity is beautiful. I'd much
  prefer using it over a traditional word processor for 95% of my writing
  needs. ~cassidyjames

  What about Scratch? ~grzesiek1e5
+
+ "Scratch" is a text editor, like Gedit, not a text processor like
+ AbiWord. It's not made for that and adapting it for word processing is
+ worse than writing an independent text processor.

--
Drop AbiWord and use something else
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/elementaryos/+spec/abiword-alternative