elementaryart team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~elementaryart/elementaryicons/deb-packaging into lp:~ubuntu-art-pkg/elementaryicons/ubuntu

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Sergey Davidoff <Shnatsel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Andrew: I can't find any trace of XZ compression in lp:ubuntu/elementary-icon-theme
> Moreover, http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/elementary-icon-theme indicates that package size is still around 4Mb instead of 2Mb that XZ compression provides.
>
> Are you sure you've pushed this change?

I pushed it, and then had to revert it as it caused the package to
fail to build on Launchpad. See this changelog entry:

elementary-icon-theme (2.7.1-0ubuntu3) oneiric; urgency=low

  * Revert last upload. While dpkg now supports xz
    compression, Launchpad itself does not.

 -- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio <a.starr.b@xxxxxxxxx>   Tue, 12 Jul 2011
15:19:06 -0400

I believe that this has finally been implemented on the the Launchpad
side. I'll reapply the change one the Beta freeze is lifted.

Thanks for the reminder!

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>
   Debian Contributor
<http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=a.starr.b%40gmail.com>
   PGP/GPG Key ID: D53FDCB1

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~elementaryart/elementaryicons/deb-packaging/+merge/66705
Your team elementary desktop team is subscribed to branch lp:~elementaryart/elementaryicons/deb-packaging.