enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #171629]: Where do I find the name of my computer and other system information?

Question #171629 on samba in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/171629

rbj1933 is still having a problem:
Thank you for your help.  I will do as you say.  There are no useful
documents in this version - I was only 'playing with it' - findinf my way
around before starting a course that used Ubuntu.  I was told incorrectly
that this was the version that was used by the course.

Ronnie Jupp

On 22 September 2011 13:30, Eliah Kagan <
question171629@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Your question #171629 on samba in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/171629
>
> Eliah Kagan posted a new comment:
> No question is too basic for this forum, but if you are asking about how
> to do something in Ubuntu, the question should be targeted to Ubuntu
> rather than "Canonical SSO provider". I have made this change, as well
> as restoring the original text of your question. I'll try to answer it
> as well, though it's possible that someone else may get to it first.
>
> In the future, if you decide you no longer want help with a question,
> you can mark the question as Solved. You should generally  avoid
> deleting your original question's description, as it may be useful to
> others. (This is most important if people have already replied to the
> question, which was not the case here.)
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.