enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #193980]: winbind4-- where is winbindd?

Question #193980 on samba4 in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba4/+question/193980

Jeff Powell is still having a problem:
Yes, I already know about those packages.  My question is, where is
winbindd?  It's not included in the winbind4 package.  If you click on
the link above, then click "list of files" next to either i386 or amd64,
you can see that /usr/bin/winbindd is not included.  I can't believe
more people haven't brought this up-- the winbind4 package doesn't
actually contain winbindd.  The only executables is includes is nsstest,
wbinfo, and ntlm_auth.

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba4
in Ubuntu.