enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #691504]: LDAP channel binding unsupported until version 2.5.0 of libldap2

Question #691504 on openldap in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openldap/+question/691504

Søren Grønning Iversen confirmed that the question is solved:
Hi Ryan,

Thank you so much for the response. It's been most helpful and while I'm
aware of the release date is not yet decided upon, I was interested in
seeing if the LDAP Channel Binding code was working at all on an Ubuntu
platform, since we're standardised on Ubuntu LTS releases and require
support for this functionality, since our security guys [of course]
follow Microsoft advisaries and intend to add mandatory channel binding
for LDAPS, while at the same time shutting down LDAP support on
unencrypted ports, leaving our Linux and macOS clients unable to do
GSSAPI authentication towards the AD domain controllers...

But, I guess I'll see if I can manage getting it put together somehow,
just to be able to demonstrate what's in store (if it works at all, that
is).

Once again thank you, Ryan!

Best regards,

Søren Grønning

--
You received this question notification because your team Ubuntu
Server/Client Support Team is an answer contact for openldap in Ubuntu.