enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #699725]: Is this version locked at 2.4.41 or are there plans to upgrade to a newer version eventually?

Question #699725 on apache2 in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+question/699725

actionparsnip proposed the following answer:
The LTS releases are stable, meaning the version numbers rarely change.
You can submit a security bug with the results of your penetration test
which may get the version updated.

You can always use a PPA to get a newer version. I suggest you take a
snapshot of the system (I'm assuming its a VM) so that you can roll
back. It depends how comfortable your enterprise is with PPAs.

You can also compile the source yourself to upgrade the package. You
should make a deb of your efforts so that updates don't overwrite your
files.

--
You received this question notification because your team Ubuntu
Server/Client Support Team is an answer contact for apache2 in Ubuntu.