enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #699725]: Is this version locked at 2.4.41 or are there plans to upgrade to a newer version eventually?

Question #699725 on apache2 in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+question/699725

Meantime IT posted a new comment:
Thanks, you're quite right that I could take advantage of ~ondrej's hard
work to get the very latest version.

However, we're very much in favour of Ubuntu Pro here at our enterprise
and official package repos rather than  PPAs and self-compilation is a
line we very rarely cross.

For apache2, we'd definitely want to lean into the "LTS" and "Pro" for
our Ubuntu Pro Focal servers. Especially for something like apache2.

Maintaining the same version number totally makes sense to me now. The
real issue is that approved scanning vendors have a very naïve set of
pen-test tools if version number is how they believe they detect
exploits. The tools we run ourselves to "self-pen-test" our servers go
into way more depth. However, this isn't the place for me to vent about
this sort of thing.

Thanks actionparsnip.

Yours,
connrs

--
You received this question notification because your team Ubuntu
Server/Client Support Team is an answer contact for apache2 in Ubuntu.