enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #699776]: apache2 won't start due to syntax error in config file

Question #699776 on apache2 in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+question/699776

Manfred Hampl proposed the following answer:
I just used a test system to install apache2 and it worked without
problems.

If you want to do further diagnostics, then I suggest the following:

sudo apt purge apache2
sudo apt --purge autoremove # to uninstall also apache2-bin, apache2-data etc.

and then

sudo apt install apache2

What is the full output of the install command?

--
You received this question notification because your team Ubuntu
Server/Client Support Team is an answer contact for apache2 in Ubuntu.