enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #699776]: apache2 won't start due to syntax error in config file

Question #699776 on apache2 in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+question/699776

apsaras is still having a problem:
Thank you very much for going to the trouble of testing that.

Unfortunately it still doesn't work for me. In fact I removed some other
packages too to match the intention of your comment ("# to uninstall
also apache2-bin, apache2-data etc.").

sudo apt purge apache2 apache2-bin apache2-data apache2-utils
sudo apt --purge autoremove
sudo apt install apache2

but it still breaks with the same syntax error:

Dec 07 20:08:06 mycomputer apachectl[3381397]: apache2: Syntax error on
line 147 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 22 of
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/alias.conf:

There is obviously something messed up with some other aspect of my
system. If you have time, could you possibly give me a hint on how to
start investigating what it might be? E.g., are there other Debian
packages that relate to alias_module?

--
You received this question notification because your team Ubuntu
Server/Client Support Team is an answer contact for apache2 in Ubuntu.