enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

why all the windows stuff? lets move on from legacy integration and do new cool stuff

The wiki page at the moment looks to me like a shopping list for Windows compatibility - not an articulation of a vision for a Free Software enterprise stack for the modern business. Sure it would be nice to get some of this stuff better, but all that does is deliver something that is nearly like Windows. Lets forget Windows altogether and move on and deliver awesome enterprise applications to the desktop like OpenERP, Compiere, dotProject, vtiger, Alfresco, Elgg, spagoBI etc. with webapp integration to the desktop and single sign on etc. If all we deliver is something like Windows but not quite as good that isn't going to excite anyone.

Alan.

--
I work at http://libertus.co.uk

Follow ups