enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: Sketch

Boleslaw,

Thanks for the draft! That's a very good first step for
a structured discussion!

One remark from my side before we go on with discussion: from so far
experience, I would advise to stick with solutions that are recommended /
supported by Canonical. We can of course evaluate on different ideas and
solutions, but I believe you would agree that our goal should be to come up
with stable, reliable and well supported solution. It would not be a good
idea to develop something that will not be backed up and supported by the
producer of the operating system :)

As an example I would give the case of using MS Office via Wine emulation.
Yes, it is possible (much is possible in Linux world), but as I remember
Canonical does not resolve any issues when occurred... The more addons we
come up with, the more effort will be necessary to keep the system running.

Pozdrawiam,
Regards,
Pawel
Paweł Zięba / Senior IT Innovation Consultant
Capgemini BPO T&T Innovation CoE

Mobile: +48 664 178 331
Landline: +48 12 394 65 46
Google Talk: pawel.zieba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx