enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: Our 'handbook' should be published on help.ubuntu.com instead of wiki.ubuntu.com

Hello,
I realised that our 'handbook' on 'Ubuntu in the enterprise' would be in
the wrong place when published on https://wiki.ubuntu.com.

I suggest that we keep planning the guide on the enterprise wiki, discuss
our needs with the documentation team and publish on help.ubuntu.com.
To track things to discuss with the documentation team a created a section
on our Wiki [2].
I have just glimpsed the http://help.ubuntu.com/community page and I find it weak. I do not mean the location /community, but the page.

Switching from "Another operating system" and under the topic a whole chapter taking half of the article "Terminal is your friend"? That's just an example why I believe the article has a poor community behind it.

I think the page requires some clean-up. I guess this is something to discuss with the doc guys or the community behind the page.

My fear is that we would need to expand the scope of the Handbook to integrate with the rest of unofficial documentation. I guess it calls for more volunteers.

Having our whole doc lingering on wiki.ubuntu.com/enterprise is tempting, as thus we can build the front page ourselves. In help.ubuntu.com it would either be literally split:
http://help.ubuntu.com/community/enterprisehandbook/thinclients/specialtopics
or we would be clashing with the rest of the community - there are already pages "Switching from Windows".

Ok, we have no documentation to begin with. Let's see how things evolve when we do. I will start putting my Citrix stuff soon to the wiki.

Cheers,
Ballock