enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Fwd: Questions: Active Directory integration of linux clients

Sorry - accidentally replied to sender rather than list.

On 05.12.2012 15:04, Chris Rowson wrote:
> I have always found it hard to understand why Canonical just don't
> includeLDAP/AD authentication as an option out of the box like RedHat do
> <snip>

>  On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Timo Aaltonen <tjaalton@xxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote:

<snip>
> Edubuntu is experimenting with this, and I've discussed it with Stephane
> Graber about what it should look like once implemented "properly" (by
> modifying user-setup, allowing preseeding et al). Probably not going to
> happen for 13.04, but maybe the next release and definitely for the next
> LTS.
> <snip>

That is really encouraging Timo. I hope we do see OOTB LDAP/AD auth soon. I
imagine that it is the lack of this which puts lots of enterprises off
Ubuntu Desktop.

Cheers,

Chris