enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: Custom Firefox Profile

Hello,

We push javascript settings to /etc/firefox, that works quite well, better than /etc/skel.

However, recently as I had a problem with updating the profile with SSL CA certificates, Michael Zaugg pointed me to the CCK-Wizard. This is a Firefox plugin that generates a firefox extension (funny, but true) with bookmarks and other important stuff. And the SSL certificates.

Upon creation of the extension we packaged it and deployed to the clients with the help of CFEngine. By the way - thanks Michael for the tip.

I tried to find a similar plugin for Thunderbird (I also need to add CA certs there), but unfortunately there's no such plugin for TB, so I guess we would need to do some more dirty labour there.

Cheers,
Ballock