enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: Custom Firefox Profile

Am 17.01.2013 14:27, schrieb Bolesław Tokarski:
> Hello,
>
> We push javascript settings to /etc/firefox, that works quite well,
> better than /etc/skel.
With javascript you can set some preferences, I saw that. Somewhere I
read, that a bookmarks.html in /etc/firefox/profile/ would be imported
on creating the user profile, but it didn't.

> However, recently as I had a problem with updating the profile with SSL
> CA certificates, Michael Zaugg pointed me to the CCK-Wizard. This is a
> Firefox plugin that generates a firefox extension (funny, but true) with
> bookmarks and other important stuff. And the SSL certificates.
>
> Upon creation of the extension we packaged it and deployed to the
> clients with the help of CFEngine. By the way - thanks Michael for the tip.
Did the CCK-Wizard work? In our test, the generated extension did only
half of what it promised.
And you could not define Folders in the Bookmarks.