enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Citrix receiver update

Hello,

I am trying to find people using Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop with Linux clients. I hope there are people on this list.

We recently got an updated Citrix Receiver 12.1.6 for Linux. It seems to solve a number of problems, including a crash on non-LDAP (SSSD, nss-db, likewise, winbind, etc.) directory services.

They don't release the version publicly, but if you have a support contract you can report i.e. this problem to acquire the version:

"Attempts to launch a published application from the Receiver for Linux using domain credentials with Centrify might fail." [From LUR12.1.6][#LA3270]

("might" is a weak word here. I'd say "will fail unless you use nscd". Also it's not a Centrify problem, but the lack of NSS libraries underhand, happens on any provider on amd64).

From my communication with Citrix it seems that the Linux Receiver problems are rarely reported. Ideally I would like to have the same feature set in the Linux version as in the Windows one. For that I need more attention being put from Linux users.

For that to work, though, we need to put some pressure on Citrix from the Linux side. We can do this by cross-reporting bugs (reporting a bug referencing other people's bug numbers). Thus we could create a "public bugtracker" that helps people find and get their problems solved.

Please contact me if you're interested. We could focus our efforts then.

Cheers,
Ballock