enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Microsoft Lync client for Ubuntu

Ubuntu users can not join a lync or livemeeting and see the shared screen
and this is the biggest problem for new Ubuntu users in my company.
This single problem has stopped many users from even testing Ubuntu.
I know there are other tools for meetings but in a Microsoft dominated
company you have to use the tools used by the majority of the company... In
a distant future I hope the Ubuntu users will be in majority ;)

Now it looks like this problem may be solved:

This software cost $5 and it is not a deb package... and it does not work
very well... but it is a start.

I could not make it work on 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04 but it works on 32-bit
12.04 and 10.04.

If the Ubuntu community or Canonical can convince Damaka (the company
behind this product) to make this into a more stable product with a normal
installation package then more enterprise users can switch over to Ubuntu.

Best regards
Ove