enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: AD integration-joining machine

Hello,

"samba-common-bin: Depends: samba-common (= 2:4.1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu2) but
> 2:4.1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu2.14.04.1 is to be installed

This pretty much looks like an attempt to only update a single package
without pulling its dependencies, like when the dependency solver fails for
some reason. Most commonly its a system with an unconfigured package.

For trusty, both samba packages 2:4.1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu2 and
2:4.1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu2.14.04.1 are available, respectively in trusty and
trusty-updates.

> The thing is that if one check the output from apt-cache show
> samba-common-lib, you'll see two lines that begin with the Dependencies,
> and Packagekit mixes them up. Works great with apt-get, PackageKit doesnt
> fix it.

I'm confused. There's no package named samba-common-lib. Also, I believe
having two Depends: lines inside a single package (there's also a
Pre-Depends and a build-depends, but that's a different one) is an error
inside the package.

Can you clarify this a bit, please?

Cheers,
Ballock