enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: AD integration-joining machine

Hi,

 Still had my fights with realmd. Last bug I run into is most probably
related to PackageKit. I got this error:

"samba-common-bin: Depends: samba-common (= 2:4.1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu2) but
2:4.1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu2.14.04.1 is to be installed

The thing is that if one check the output from apt-cache show
samba-common-lib, you'll see two lines that begin with the Dependencies,
and Packagekit mixes them up. Works great with apt-get, PackageKit doesnt
fix it.

Unfortunately packagekit in Ubuntu 14.04 is very old. Version 0.8.12 that
is in use is from October 2013, and the latest one in that series is 0.8.17
released in March 2014.

If someone knows of any PPA with an updated PackageKit I could use, I would
appreciate it to see if the bug is fixed.

Right now I can chose not to use samba for the join with
--client-software=sssd --membership-software=adcli, but should the same
packaging problem arise with some of the other packages I am fried.

[1] http://www.freedesktop.org/software/PackageKit/pk-download.html

Regards,
Niklas