epoptes team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #188754]: cannot view or support epoptes clients

Question #188754 on Epoptes changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/188754

Alkis Georgopoulos requested more information:
Jori, let's talk a bit about the last paragraph of your initial
question:

"Additionally anybody is welcome to give a hint where to start the ltsp-
client best. Gnome's <startprograms> or the <rc.local>-file don't seem
to be the right places for that as they don't work as expected. On top
of that the <ltsp-client -c> order has to be run after every reboot to
get the Server's key. I tried to do it once in chroot to accomplish the
action but that doesn't work."

When you say `ltsp-client -c`, I suppose you mean `epoptes-client -c`, right?
You don't have to put that anywhere, it doesn't have to run on boot or on login.
You only have to run it once inside your chroot. As mentioned in the http://www.epoptes.org/installation page, do:
sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
epoptes-client -c
exit
sudo ltsp-update-image

Also if you have put `epoptes-client -c` anywhere in your boot or login
scripts, remove it, as it might break things instead of fixing them.

Finally, you said: " I tried to do it once in chroot to accomplish the action but that doesn't work."
What didn't work? If for some reason `epoptes-client -c` doesn't work from your chroot, then try: `epoptes-client -c localhost`.

Epoptes Developers, which is an answer contact for Epoptes.